Well I got more cucumbers, picked what I could find and still more on the vine.
I have about all the pickles that we can eat and ate a lot of fresh as well, so what to do with the extras. I really didn't have a clue so I decided to dry them. Not sure what to do with them once they are dry because I have never done it before.
I tried to eat one of the dried cucumbers and it wasn't to bad. If nothing else we can have cucumber chips.
Then came the dill. I picked all that was growing. I have all the seed heads drying down stairs and then I took the leaves and dried them for dill weed for my seasoning.
As you can see I have started to dry many things this year. I hope to preserve as much as I can, even if I only use it in soups and for seasoning.
After I got all the preserving started, I took a picture of the area we are going to start building the new corral and barn. In the picture you can see the posts and beams we are going to use. Hope to get started on it right away.
It is raining today, but we still need to get started building the barn for Dancer. Hope it will let up later today so we can work without getting to wet.