Sunday, October 2, 2011

Home Made Noodles

I was trying to figure out what to fix for dinner when I discovered we had two sausage links in the fridge that needed to be used.
OK, what to fix with it.
Being German, I love noodles. So I decided to makes some homemade noodles to eat with the sausage. What could be better.


I dug through my cupboards and found some Shiitake mushroom slices that I had purchased some time ago. Hum, I thought. What if I take these and grind them up to a powder. Why not.


Then I thought, what about some of those wonderful tomatoes I just dried. Yep, that will work.


So I took a hand full of each and put them in my Vita Mix and ground them up to a powder.


This looks pretty good I thougt.


So I put four eggs in my mixer and added the mushroom and tomato mixture I had just made. It wasn't enough to make a dough, so I added some flour. I don't add salt because I add the salt to the water when I am cooking them.


Now that looks like noodle dough.


So I got out my doodle maker and started to roll the dough out into strips


Next I cut the noodles out and spread them on a clean sheet to partially dry.


They sure look good


Next I sliced up the sausage and put them slices in the boiling water and started adding the fresh home made noodles to cook.


Looks like dinner to me.
Took a little time but is easy to make and it tasted great. The mushrooms and tomato flour really added a lot of flavor to this dish.


Tomorrow
Tomatoes need canning and am going to try my hand at homemade poppers.


Have a great day.


No comments:

Post a Comment