Saturday, March 3, 2012

Gardening Season is Anew

Time to get ready for the gardens. Lots planned for today, hope to get most of it accomplished. I tend to over extend myself when it comes to doing stuff outside. My poor house gets ignored so much. I will try to do better this year with allowing myself more time to do other things that I enjoy such as riding my new horse Dancer this year. I just turned 60 and I think it is time for me to start enjoying life and not working so much.
I really enjoy working in my gardens, but tend to over do sometimes. I hope to get my gardens to a point that all I have to do is water and weed and then enjoy the fruits of my bounty. We have plans for building more raised beds and putting a hot house cover on them to help with the short growing season and also help keep the deer out of my gardens. They really like my gardens.
We made some seed tapes this year for the first time. It is a project we heard about sometime ago and wanted to try it out. It is suppose to help with the planting. If you go to my garden site, it tells you how to make them. It looks like it might be something we will be doing on a regular basis, and it saves the waste of seeds. I don't know about you, but I would plant the whole packet of seed and then pull up about 2/3 of the plants. What a waste.
My strawberries are really growing nice, but I need to clean them up and maybe spread them out a bit. I have a net over them right now because the chickens use to get into them. Since we have the chickens fenced in the pasture now I am going to try to move the net, although the Blue Jays really like them too. I may just change it a bit.
Well I guess that is it for now. The morning is moving on and I need to get started with STUFF.
Have a great day all.

No comments:

Post a Comment