Thursday, March 15, 2012

Ughhhhh

Well it is raining. It has been raining for the last week and a half and it is suppose to rain for the next week and maybe longer. While we had the TWO days of sunshine I was able to get out and get the two largest garden beds weeded and ready for gardens. My flower bulbs are growing beautifully and at least one of the crocus was blooming. I can't wait for the rest of the bulbs to start blooming. They are always such a welcome site this time of year because it usually is RAINING.
In case you haven't noticed, I am not happy with all this rain. I know we need the water but could use some sunshine breaks in between. I haven't been able to let the goats and chickens out either and they are not happy either. The horses are out but they stay in their stalls. It is fun to watch them because they get bored and they change stalls for a different view. One time Dancer will be in her stall and the next time I look out Flash is in her stall. I love to see them getting along so well.
I was able to get some seeds started in the greenhouse, after we put it back together again from the hurricane winds we had. I have some tomatoes already starting to break ground. I am using heating mats on top of the soil inside the garden bed in the greenhouse and put a cage around the seedlings in hopes of keeping the mice from eating the new starts. Last year they pretty much demolished my new seedlings and had to restart them several times. I need to get a live trap for the greenhouse to catch them. I don't want the rat bait in my greenhouse taking a chance of the bait getting into the garden beds in side and poisoning the soil.
I haven't had much of a chance to get outside so I went up to the attic and pulled out some of the embroidery stuff that I had gotten from my mother-in-laws estate. I found a table cloth that had been all but completed and a few other embroidery items that looked interesting so I decided to finish the table cloth. I will probably start working on some of the other projects as long as it is raining. Got to keep myself busy somehow. I am not one for sitting around doing nothing. I love hobbies.
Well I better get some stuff done so I can get out and get the chores done. Hope everyone has a great RAINY day.

No comments:

Post a Comment