Thursday, August 23, 2012

A Days Harvest

Well today I decided to  harvest some of the produce in the garden so I can start preparing it for winter supply. We have been eating on the garden for a while but it has been starting to produce more than we can eat.

 
 
Isn't this a beautiful sight?? Now for "What do I do with it"? time. I am going to make zucchini bread with the zucchini and freeze it, it is so nice to have fresh zucchini bread in the middle of winter to munch on. The tomatoes I will make stewed tomatoes, I have made tomato soup with our fresh tomatoes as well and that is really good, especially if you like tomato soup. I am going to dry the peppers and the yellow squash, I really like them in the soups that I make in the winter time. Carrots and radishes are for dinner tonight, the cheese will be waxed and put in the refrigerator to be aged. Last but not least the cucumbers, I am going to try drying some of them for chips to munch on and would like to try a cold cucumber soup to see what it is like. I haven't had it before and what a better time than now to try it. The Lord has truly blessed us today, as usual. He is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment