Friday, December 19, 2014

Christmas Time

Well it is Christmas time again and the year is gone so fast I can hardly believe it. We have had a lot going on this year and I am still having trouble with my computer down loading pictures for my blog. I think I am going to have to format and reload everything. That is why I haven't been posting anything. It is very frustrating.
Our year has been a year of fun, family and of course work. Our gardens turned out great. I was finally able to grow some sweet corn. With the help of my husband and his insistence that I start the corn in the green house and transplant it was of great help. I had always heard that you shouldn't transplant corn, that it doesn't work, well let me tell you that it does. I put one or two corn seed in each pot and left it there. When they got big enough I transplanted them very carefully. They all grew except one.
This year is going to be a busy one. We are hoping to get a new greenhouse up this winter for next season. Have lots of plans for it. One day we would like to try aquaponics.
Well I am going to close with I hope all will have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Blessing to all.

2 comments:

  1. I've got a bunch more echium growing as volunteers. I know I offered you some last year, but the frost got most of it. If you are still interested, after the holidays, I'd be happy to dig some up for you. Something to consider is that you've GOT to protect them from frost which can be a nuisance at this time of year, but when they blossom, it's well worth it.
    Let me know, You can either pick it up on your way to CB or maybe someone can take it down to the OSCBA meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, yes we would still like to get some from you, but not sure when. Let me know when you dig them.

    ReplyDelete