Friday, February 13, 2015

Spring Chores

 I finally got started with my spring chores today. As I was headed out the front door I saw that one of the pots that I had planted some Crocus in was starting to come really nice. The other 3 pots with bulbs planted in them are not doing as well.
Can't wait to see this when it is blooming.


Then I saw one of the Hyacinth bulbs blooming, but as you can see I really need to get into this bed and do some major weeding.


I took this picture of the Kiwi, my major chore for the day. It needed a haircut really bad. So I got out the loppers and pruners and started cutting away.


Now that is better. Can actually see the main stems. Looking pretty good. They produced pretty good last year but we didn't get them pruned early enough before they really started growing so this year I got a jump start on them.
All in all it was a pretty good day. I also got my roses pruned back and cleaned out the raspberry bed and put up a temporary fence around them to keep the deer from eating all the luscious new shoots coming up. Will need to put something more permanent up later.
All I have to do now is clean up the mess. Another chore.....did save some cuttings for starts for the neighbors.
Have a great day and don't forget to start planning your vegetable garden...

No comments:

Post a Comment