Tuesday, October 9, 2018

SPRING 2017

Wow this post is very very late being put up as life has just gotten in the way this year. This spring I started setting up my Rock shop again. I used to cut stones a lot of years ago, but have had stuff packed away for a lot of years.
When I started this post it was in the spring of 2017, now it is the fall of 2018, just a couple of years late.
I picked up another faceting machine, a facetron like I had before. I really love this machine. easy to use and very accurate. Both of my sons even tried to learn to use my last one. currently I have a pretty good selection of laps, as can be seen in the corner behind the facetron.

 This little Lortone combination cab and saw is like the last one I had also, the grinding is set up with diamond for fast cutting. The sanding drum, I still use carbarundum belts on an expanding drum. diamond belts are available but these are currently cheaper.
and on the other side of the room I have set up my jewelry fabrication area. this is the area where I keep my rolling mill, pickle pot, tourch, and other assorted items. 
Cutting rocks and making pretty things is a fun hobby and something that I can do when it is wet out or cold which happens now and again.

I also have a 24 inch rock slab saw and lots of rough rock, Agate, Jasper, Obsidian, etc.

and in the corner I have my polishing area. Presently I'm only have my rock polisher, but will soon have a metal buff as well.
This is my Richardson Ranch stone polisher.
 OK, so I may have a few slabs of rock
The slab saw I purchased this year is in very good condition, although I do need to build a guard for the belts and pulleys on the left side of the machine. 
Also if I run out of slabs, this is my excess rough rock.
I am still lacking a casting machine. I have plans on building a vacuum machine out of stainless steel.





No comments:

Post a Comment